The web has a massive amount of information when it comes to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. It is easy to suffer from analysis paralysis or information overload. Because of that, I’ve parsed through the content, in this case, in audio format so you can learn on the go. Whether you have some knowledge or no knowledge of anything crypto-related, you should find at some nuggets from the podcasts I’ve recommended below. The podcast content spans blockchain technology, economics, ICOs, and tokens.
The four (iTunes) podcasts I suggest are:
- Unchained (Site)
- Software Engineering Daily – Blockchain (Site)
- Blockchain Innovation (Site)
- Invest Like the Best (Site)
Unchained is hosted by Laura Shin, senior editor at Forbes, and consists of her discussing various blockchain-related topics with industry pioneers.
Some of my favorite episodes include:
- Blockchain 101 With Andreas Antonopoulos: How Bitcoin Makes Each of us as Powerful as a Bank
- ICOs: Why People are Investing in This $380 Million Phenomenon
- The High-Speed World of ICOS: Smith and Crown Discuss Cryptoeconomics and the Future of Tokens
- How to Value a Cryptoasset
Software Engineering Daily – Blockchain
Software Engineering Daily – Blockchain is a subset of the more broad Software Engineering Daily podcast. This podcast includes interviews with engineers involved with the various projects in the blockchain industry right now like Zcash, Coinbase, and ConsenSys.
Some episodes I recommend are:
- Sidechains and Lightning Networks with Rusty Russell
- Decentralization: Ethereum, Bitcoin, and IPFS with Karl Floersh
Podcast | Show Notes N/A
- Applications with Mike Goldin
Blockchain Innovation is a podcast hosted by a freelance blockchain consultant, Frederick Munawa. Like the previously mentioned podcasts, Frederick interviews co-founders and authoritative figures in the blockchain industry.
I suggest the below episodes:
- How Blockchain Assets Are Changing The World With Erik Voorhees
- ICOs Are Disrupting The Venture Capital Industry With Brock Pierce
- The World’s First Scalable Blockchain Database – with Bruce Pon
- Don Tapscott – The Man Leading The Global Blockchain Revolution
Invest Like the Best
Finally, Invest Like the Best is a podcast hosted by Patrick O’Shaughnessy, a CFA who is portfolio manager at O’Shaughnessy Asset Management. His podcast is heavily focused on finance and investing and features a trio of podcasts serving as an intro to the blockchain.
Recommended episodes (about blockchain) include:
- Hash Power – Ep 1 – Understanding Blockchains
- Has Power – Ep 2 – Investing in Cryptocurrencies
- Hash Power – Ep 3 – Funding, Forking, and a Creative Future
- Chris Burniske – How to Value a Cryptoasset
Learning constantly is an essential component of maintaining financial health because if you are trading or investing in a technology or currency you know nothing about, you’re going to have a bad time. Time can no longer be an excuse because you can listen to these podcasts while commuting, cooking, and even cleaning.